Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Cruising Maui...2 days, every week!



Maui no ka oi... they say "it's the best" and I am inclined to agree... all the islands are beautiful, but Maui has become a memorable part of my life. Week after week, entertaining on NCL America cruise ships had me stopping overnite (for a whole 2 days). That gave me lotsa time to explore and get to know this island and some way cool people. Looking for a musical experience? Go wherever LIVE LOCAL TALENT is playing or see the fabulous Ulalena production show in Lahaina. See Uncle Willie K wherever he may be playing... always surrounded by awesome musicians. I saw Willie Nelson at Charlie's in Paiea! Aloha plenty to the supportive friends at Bounty Music. My favorite thing to do on Maui? Put the top down and drive for a beach. Kihei and keep on going... all the way to La Peruse Bay. Oh yeah, I finally snorkeled little Molokini atoll... that's smilin' Mark Stevens, freelance photographer. I've known him for years, starting from our Pride of Aloha days. He took some pics of us on the way to Molokini. Bass guy turned steel guitar nut, Troy Millard and I make it a point to hang loose with braddah Mark when can. By the way, his Dad, Mort Stevens, won an Emmy for writing the musical score for Hawaii-Five-O! Buckle up... click it or ticket = $100+.